Currently Dreamweaver and Expressions have been selected for Assignment 2. To cover the largest number of tools we will not have duplicates, therefore you must select another tool. If you are having difficulties finding tools, here are a few others to look over. Send me an email or respond to this post as soon as you have selected your tool.
Check out these tools: (Dreamweaver, Expressions, Coffee Cup are all taken)
Homesite
http://www.adobe.com/products/homesite/
BBEdit 8.7 (BBEdit Lite is the free version of this program)
http://www.barebones.com/
Note Tab Lite
http://www.notetab.com/index.php
Edit Pad Lite
http://www.editpadpro.com/editpadlite.html
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/
Cost: $399.00 (Free trial downloads are available)
Description: A top-ranking, well-respected Web development and site maintenance software program. The WYSIWYG “Design View” feature is accessible to those not knowing HTML or CSS, and the “Code View” is gaining in popularity among Web site developers.
Info about special features: Integrates with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash, and other software programs. Visual CSS tools make it easy to view, edit, and move styles within and between files, as well as see how your changes will affect the design. Accelerate your workflow with new CSS layouts, and test your design with the new Browser Compatibility Check. Support for leading web development technologies, including HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, JavaScript, Ajax, PHP, ASP.NET, etc.
Test drive: Dreamweaver (DW) looks like take time to get accustomed. This was the first time for me to use it. At first I chose HTML template, but I couldn't understand how different each templates. For example, elastic, liquid, em. Anyway I chose one template and I tried to create one simple page. At the first look, it was easy to create, but when I tried to change the size of header and main parts, I couldn't figure out. I saw red and yellow border lines in design view, but I couldn't find out how to do that. I've had some knowledge about CSS, so it is easy to see CSS each properties. Although I just used it as a trial for one hour, I felt DW is difficult for novice users. But I’d like to master DW.
Chisato
CoffeeCup HTML Editor 2007
http://www.coffeecup.com/html-editor/
Cost: $49.00 (Free trial downloads are available)
Description: The CoffeeCup HTML Editor is 2 Editors(Code Editor and WYSIWYG Visual Editor) in 1. And go back and forth between the Code and Visual Editors to create remarkable Websites in a snap.
Info about special features: Free Upgrades and Support for life. More than 100 DHTML and JavaScripts, a DHTML Menu wizard, 25,000 Graphics and Photos including over 1,000 XP Style Icons are included. Built-in FTP Uploading, Project Manager, Flash Text Wizard, Color Scrollbar Wizard, StyleSheet Editor, List Wizard, Image Mapper, Website Color Schemer are included.
Test drive: It's harder than Dreamweaver (DW) for me. This was the first time for me to use it. At first, I tried to select templates, but templates in CoffeeCup(CC) are different from DW. So I used "New For Layout", but it showed me the lists of layout html. So I needed to open and check each layout.html. And then, when I tried to modify css properties, I couldn't find out how to do that. Although I found stylesheet wizard, but it works for making new stylesheets. Finally I quit my working. I imagine if I get the knack of it, it will become my essential tool. I like the captions of buttons "Cool", "No Way!" instead of "OK", "Cancel" in CC.
Chisato
This is a test
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Donec molestie nunc. Suspendisse sed libero. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Donec at lacus. Nam sed odio. Etiam ullamcorper dolor. Vivamus lacinia. Curabitur venenatis, ipsum sed commodo auctor, urna enim pellentesque eros, vel rutrum mi ante euismod orci. Nulla facilisi. Vivamus tortor mauris, tristique at, condimentum in, molestie in, est. Quisque ultricies nisl ac elit.
just testing
Kristi Brown
CTN161
Assignment2
Macromedia HomeSite 5.5
www.adobe.com/products/homesite/
Cost: $99.00 30 free day trial
Description: HomeSite 5.5 provides a lean, code-only editor for web development. Advanced coding features enable you to instantly create and modify HTML, CFML, JSP, and XHTML tags, while enhanced productivity tools allow you to validate, reuse, navigate, and format code more easily. Configure Macromedia HomeSite to fit your needs by extending its functionality and customizing the interface.
Special Features: HomeSite offers a complete set of tag-editing tools that makes creating web pages a snap. Features like Tag Insight, Tag Editors, and Tag Completion let you quickly enter tags and their attributes into web pages. You can create and customize Keyboard Shortcuts to perform and automate many functions.
Test Drive: The software is an Adobe product and I had the pleasure of downloading Dreamweaver last quarter, so the downloading process was a breeze. From the moment I opened the product it was pretty easy to use. All the toolbars and tag editors are easy to use and understandable. I opened the table wizard and walked through the wizard. The table was a little funky, but I think the more practice I get the better it would be. I used some of the color combinations and the fonts. I really liked this software application. It will be fun to work on some projects using this tool. It’s disappointing to see that this product has not been updated in 5 years. I couldn’t find any mention of any updates in the future.
Post a Comment